Shopping trends world over have changed a lot since the spread of COVID-19. People prefer finding what they need online and getting it delivered to their doorstep only by paying a few extra bucks for delivery in some cases. After witnessing this boom of e-commerce, online businesses also took the step forward to ensure that they deliver quality products and receive no complaints from customers. Read what online businesses you can start right away. This increasing trend made online businesses start a movement to get Pakistani sellers registered on Amazon in order to enhance trade.
Amazon started as online marketplace for books but now is an American, multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming and artificial intelligence. It is one of the Big Five companies in the US information technology industry, along with Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook. Amazon has been referred to as one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world as well as the world’s most valuable brand.
The movement led by Sunny Ali, a Pakistani business entrepreneur and founder/CEO of the largest International E-commerce Ecosystem called Extreme Commerc, and other influencers including Waqar Zaka, succeeded. Pakistan was added to the list of sellers on Amazon with an official announcement made towards the end of May this year. People from all over the country can now officially sell their services and goods via Amazon. Thanks to Sunny Ali, a Pakistani business entrepreneur and founder/CEO of the largest International E-commerce Ecosystem called Extreme Commerce.
Now that Pakistan is registered with Amazon as an official seller, follow these easy steps to get yourself registered too.
- Go to https://services.amazon.com; the official page of Amazon.
- Right click on the SEE PRICING option under “MAKE MONEY” header.
- Choose from the individual or professional plan provided.
- Click on the option “CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT” and then enter your email address and a password for your seller account.
- Check your email and provide the OTP for email verification.
- After this, click “CREATE YOUR AMAZON ACCOUNT”.
- Select your Business Location as Pakistan and your Business Type as privately owned.
- Share your full name and personal information including DoB, address, phone number and proof of identity.
- Select your MarketPlace – where you aim to sell your product.
- Enter your credit card information and billing address.
- Name your store and tell what products you sell.
- Get your address verified by receiving a postcard within 7 days and entering the code written on it.
You are done with your registration and are now ready to offer your product to a market of some 150 million people! Happy selling!