Almost 7 months have passed since Pakistan recorded its first case of COVID-19. A total of 309,015 have been tested positive so far and 6,444 have lost their lives. Learn How To Boost Your Immune System To Fight Corona Virus as the number of cases peaked in the middle of June and rapidly fell towards the last days of July. For the last couple of weeks, a slight increase in the number of daily cases has been recorded which could possibly be the beginning of the second wave of the virus in Pakistan. Make sure you follow all the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) just as you were doing a few months back because the virus has not gone. It is still spreading and there is no vaccine out there. Here are the COVID-19 SOPs for Reopening Schools in Pakistan
God forbid if you feel you have any of the symptoms, do not hesitate to go to the nearest hospital and get yourself tested. Since the cases fell to around 400 a day, many hospitals stopped testing for the virus. To help you find your nearest COVID-19 testing lab, here is a list of all the places in Karachi where you can get yourself tested.
1. Abbasi Shaheed Hospital – Paposh Nagar, Nazimabad No.3
2. Indus Hospital – Plot C 76, Sector 31/5, Opposite Darussalam Society, Korangi Crossing.
3. Hilal e Ahmar Hospital – G 2 Khayaban e Iqbal, Zone A Block 7, Teen Talwar Chowk, Zone A Block 7 Clifton.
4. Dow Hospital, Ojha Campus – Mission Rd, Gulzar-e-Hijri Gulzar E Hijri Scheme 33.
5. Dr. Ruth K. M. Pfau, Civil Hospital – New Labour Colony Nanakwara.
6. Jinnah Hospital – JPMC Hospital Road, Karachi Cantonment.
7. Chughtai Lab – All Branches.
8. Aga Khan University Hospital – National Stadium Road.
9. Dr. Ziauddin Hospital Clifton Campus – 4/B Shahrah-e-Ghalib Rd, Block 6 Clifton
10. Dr. Ziauddin Hospital North Nazimabad Campus – Block-B North Nazimabad Town
11. Pakistan Navy Station (PNS) Shifa Hospital – Main Korangi Road، Near Kala Pul، Clifton
12. South City Hospital – St-1 Shahrah-e-Firdousi, Block 3 Clifton.
13. Dr. Essa’s Laboratory & Diagnostic Centre – B-122 Blue Building, Shahrah e Jahamgir Road, Scheme 24 Block H North Nazimabad Town.
14. Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) – Sardar Yaqoob Ali Khan Road, near Civil Hospital.
15. Drive through testing facility – Jahangir Kothari Parade area of Clifton
Some of the above mentioned hospitals, such as Abbasi Shaheed and Indus, are testing free of cost. Others, on an average, will cost you around Rs.7,000.
What do you need to take with you?
The required amount and obviously a mask.
Chances are an unaffected person might contract the virus from testing centres so take all the necessary precautions. To avoid contracting the virus it in the first place, avoid social gatherings, practice social distancing, wear a mask when you step outside your home, use a hand sanitizer and make sure you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, thrice a day. Remember, prevention is better than cure so stay home and stay safe.
If we’ve missed out a vital testing lab kindly mention it in the comments section for the benefit of all our readers. Stronger together!